Treehouse indoor playground features lots of climbing structures, toys, and games, and it’s one of the best playgrounds in Calgary with two locations.
We’ve visited the Treehouse indoor playground in north Calgary a few times already. There’s so much to do. Even our almost 2-year-old had fun playing for three hours and didn’t want to leave.
It has quickly become our favourite mainly because of the giant toddler zone and fun slides.
Let us take you through our visit so you know what to expect. We provide lots of tips at the end as well.
Treehouse indoor playground
The playground’s geared towards kids under 13 years and offers two locations in Calgary: South and North.
As with other indoor playgrounds, Treehouse also stamps your and your kids’ hands with a number, so you’re guaranteed nobody’s going to leave with a different child. This gives parents peace of mind even when they can’t locate their child quickly. And that might happen in this giant space.
Half of the playground is dedicated to the big climber, suitable for all ages. There are different tunnels, obstacles and ways to climb up. Our son loved climbing all around and even went down the big wavy slides a few times.
There’s a little boat in front of the climber that kids can get into.
Instead of a bouncy castle near the climber, there was a little supermarket and post office set up for imaginary play.
Car race track
A small race track features little wheel cars that kids can ride around.
I like that the Game zone is in a separate area and not disturbing with flashing lights and beeping sounds. You can purchase tokens to play games here.
Designed for younger kids, the toy room has a giant ball pit for kids to play around. In the middle of the ball pit, where our boy is in the picture below, there’s an airflow where a ball levitates.
I’ve never seen this kind of chairs. Kids can sit in them in two different ways. One is as you see below for smaller kids and the other way is when your turn the chair upside down. How cool is that?
The toddler zone is a huge carpeted area with slides, a ball pit, a tunnel, a play kitchen, and plenty of toys like cars and an activity cube. This is one of the best toddler zone’s I’ve seen and we spent here a long time.
15 Best indoor playgrounds in Calgary
The café and sitting area
The sitting area is in the middle so you can watch your kids. There are a lot of tables and chairs. I was surprised by the awesome menu the café offered. You can have a Starbucks coffee, hot or cold drinks, pizza and other fast food, and healthier options like smoothies, yogurts, fruit or veggie cups, and sandwiches.
Overall the Treehouse indoor playground it’s on the smaller side but with lots of fun activities. One of the best perks of Treehouse indoor playground is that they offer Parents Date Night. For 29.95 Cad (including admission and a snack), they will watch your kids. You can drop off your kids at 5 pm and pick them up at 8 pm, only available for kids 4-10 years old.
Info for visiting Treehouse indoor playground
- Address: 3337-34 Avenue NE, Calgary, AB T1Y 6H2 (North); #13, 240 Midpark Way SE, Calgary, AB T2X 1N4 (South)
- Contact: Website; 403-277-3378 (North); 587-356-2822 (South); [email protected]
- Open: Monday – Sunday from 9 am to 9 pm
- Monday – Thursday: 7.95 Cad 1-3 years, 11.95 Cad 4-13 years
- Friday – Sunday/holiday: 10.95 Cad 1-3 years, 14.95 Cad 4-13 years
- Deals: Multi-pass for 10 entries costs 49.95 Cad (1-3 years), 59.95 Cad (4-14 years), both valid Monday – Thursday
- Weekly deals: free coffee on Monday till 1 pm, 2 Cad off on Tuesdays, 50% discount until 10:30 am on Wednesday, free class on Thursdays
Useful tips for Treehouse indoor playground
- Kids under one and adults are free
- Up to 2 adults can accompany a kid
- Kids and adults must wear regular socks, no bare feet or shoes; you can purchase Treehouse socks if you don’t have your own
- No outside food or drinks are allowed, so you need to purchase everything in their café
- They offer to rent birthday rooms
- Free parking lot in front of the building
Other play spaces in Calgary
- Hide and Seek indoor playground
- Kidz Go indoor playground
- My Gym in Calgary: Children’s Fitness Centre
- Early Learning Centres in Calgary Public Libraries
- Creative Kids Museum at Telus Spark Science Centre
- Big Box indoor playground
- Flying Squirrel Trampoline Park
- The Beach YYC
- B-line indoor bike park
Have you visited Treehouse indoor playground? Share with us your experience in the comments.
Spread the word! PIN this to your Pinterest board.