Ted Harrison Inclusive Playground has an extensive ramp system, many activities for small toddlers, and climbing options suitable for all. Here’s our review, so you know what to expect when visiting.
One of Calgary’s ten new inclusive playgrounds is Ted Harrison Inclusive Playground. We’ve visited a few of them already (North Glenmore Park and Ramsay Playground as examples), and they each have characteristic features.
North Glenmore Park Inclusive Playground has extensive activities for small toddlers, and it’s located in a popular park. Ramsay Inclusive Playground has accessible swings and a merry-go-round with views of Calgary’s skyline.
Ted Harrison Inclusive Playground provides many climbing options for all ages and is tucked in a residential area of Taradale NE (between the airport and Stoney Trail).
Here’s everything you need to know about the Ted Harrison Inclusive Playground.
Info about the Ted Harrison Inclusive Playground
- Location: 215 Taravista Way NE (right next to the school), Map
- Parking: Free street parking
- Age range: 2-12 years
- No public washroom
Ted Harrison Inclusive Playground
There is one big climbing structure that has it all. The six-level ramp system provides access to the whole structure and its many slides.
While accessible playgrounds have ramps, Ted Harrison Inclusive Playground’s ramps go pretty high, so even smaller toddlers can challenge themselves and reach higher slides.
Activity panels for the little ones are on the lower level along the ramp with a swaying swing. As kids walk higher on the ramp, there are several climbing features, a twisting slide, a regular slide, and a roller slide. The ramp goes in a circle with a big rope climber in the middle of the playground.
One side of the playground features a regular and accessible slide. An accessible merry-go-round is on the lower level, next to the shaded picnic table.
I like that the whole playground has a soft floor and it’s fenced all around because it’s close to the road.
There are a few benches around the playground and a shaded picnic table.
What’s close by
The Genesis Centre, with many drop-in activities for kids and adults (including free options), is only a 5-minute drive away.
More Calgary playgrounds
- Shouldice Park Playground, the biggest outdoor playground in Calgary
- Bridgeland Community Centre Playground
- 4th Avenue Flyover Park Playground
- South Glenmore Variety Park Playground & Splash Park
- Thorncliffe Greenview Community Association Playground
- Applestone Park Playground
Family-friendly fun activities in Calgary
- Granary Road: Active Learning Park & Petting Zoo
- Tips for visiting the Calgary Zoo
- 10 Best indoor playgrounds in Calgary
- Cobb’s Adventure Park in Calgary
- 33 best family trip movies you’ll love
- Creative Kids Museum at Telus Spark Science Centre
Have you been to this playground? What do you think?